Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What The Experts Say.....

Everyone likes to know that people appreciate their work and creativity. Heck, everyone enjoys a good slap on the back letting them know that what they are passionate about and working hard on is quality. I believe that we all benefit greatly from such things and when it comes from the right people it means even that much more!

This past weekend I got to spend time with some great coaches...Alwyn Cosgrove, Anthony Diluglio, Mike Boyle, Rachel Cosgrove, Todd Durkin, and many more! You only get better as a coach by being around such great people, plus it really helps refine your own system and theories on training.

That is exactly what happened when Alwyn Cosgrove (Men's Health writer, published author, and National Presenter) asked me to do a clinic for his staff in Newhall, California. It was the first time I got to present exclusively on sandbag training, from the progressions to programs it was a terrific time to work with great coaches! I was surprised though to see that having these programs are so important as many of even the best coaches don't realize the potential of sandbag training.

This concept is exactly what Anthony Diluglio told me when I presented at his Punch Gym in Providence and he remarked again this past weekend he was surprised about the versatility of this form of training. Anthony put it beautifully, he says you don't lift kettlebells, you move them, but sandbags you can do both! I couldn't put it any better. No matter what the goals, from fitness to elite sports performance, you can quickly adapt sandbags to any training program.

However, my favorite part was when Alwyn introduced my program to the 200 people at the Perform Better tour. Alwyn spoke about the fact his brother came to his facility to train, Alwyn had him perform some log presses and he was able to knock out 170 pounds pretty easily. However, his brother couldn't press a 100 pound sandbag, YES, sandbags are truly the "least cooperative training tool" as Alwyn put it.

Fortunately I video taped my clinic at Results-Fitness and will be offerring it soon as a free DVD whenever you order our sandbag shells or packages, keep on the lookout! Till then enjoy some fun footage I took from this past weekend....

2 comments:

Don said...

Josh, how do I get some of those ropes as seen at the end of the video?

Josh Henkin said...

Don,
You can go to our recommend products page and you will see them.

Thank you!
Josh Henkin
http://sandbagfitnesssystems.com