Saturday, January 17, 2009

Not Just for Carrying

I have to admit, I am surprised to how many people still think that sandbags are just for carrying. Sure, you can shoulder it maybe, but really how much can you do with them? Well to tell the truth that is why I made our Ultimate Sandbags the way they are! If I had just the typical homemade duffel bag I wouldn't be as inspired. Trust me, I had a bunch of them at one time!!

The reality is you can do a ton with a purposefully made sandbag. Used appropriately you can train different fitness qualities such as strength and endurance, you can train in all three planes of movement, you can focus on movement skills such as rotation, acceleration/deceleration drills. If all you think you can do with a sandbag is carry it you are truly missing out!

Another great benefit of my Ultimate Sandbag is you can start to combine some very cool complexes. Complexes often come in two different forms:

1. One drill followed immediately by another for a series of typically 3 to 10 drills.
2. One movement that flows immediately into another.

Today I wanted to show a few great complexes that are great for anyone looking to be fit, strong, and mobile!

No comments: