Monday, January 19, 2009

Putting Together The Puzzle

Training is far more than throwing together some cool exercises. In fact, the difference between a great training program and a workout is the rhym and reason to accomplishing specific goals. In today's video I wanted to demonstrate just that! What are some of my needs, goals, and objectives?

1. I want to bring up general conditioning, but more specifically my strength-endurance in lower body pulling and overhead pushing.

2. I want to add stability and strength to my hips and shoulder girdle.

3. Develop conditioning in specific events for strongman, in this case dragging.

4. Begin to implement isometric strength work to prevent injury.

5. Create greater core strength to help with injury prevention to hip.

Begin to analyze what is important to you and make the program accordingly! Don't fall trap to doing something because its simply hard.

No comments: