Thursday, January 15, 2009

Over 70 Videos and Counting

Yesterday I received an email that really struck home. With all the positive emails I receive it usually only takes one negative one to really get my attention. After all I am typically my own worst critic and really try to listen when someone has something that they believe we can improve upon.

Well, this gentleman told me that my recent release of Synergy was "aggressive marketing". Wow, I thought to myself, I have always thought of myself as a really bad marketer. I have never been one to write the long ad copy, must to the disappointment to my business coach. My efforts have always gone to try to be in your shoes, what would I want to hear?

I guess that is why I stepped back and really took a look at what we were doing and selling, the truth is I feel pretty good about things. We have never been one's to really push email after email of sales pitch after sales pitch. Our newsletters try to be content oriented and not talking about a nice walk that I had with my dogs like some.

In fact, one of my proudest things is that we have over 70 free videos for you to watch to learn new exercises or how to incorporate sandbags into numerous different training programs. My goal is to have over 100 in the next month and a half!

This doesn't mean that we couldn't do more and in the near future we will be doing just that! I hope to put up more videos and have teleconferences so you can ask the questions that you really want the answers to.

Meanwhile, check out one of the must see videos I did some time ago talking about how to start a sandbag training program and mistakes to avoid....




In Strength,
Josh Henkin, CSCS
http://sandbagfitnesssystems.com

3 comments:

Deanmc said...

Wow, that's crazy. I look forward to getting your e mails and don't find your marketing aggressive at all. I have encountered many in the fitness industry who are though. You know the ones whose newsletters you sign up for and before the day is over you already have 5 e mails from them and they continue every day until you take yourself off the list. Keep up with the cool blog products and videos. I've learned so much from them over the last year!

Don said...

I don't know that I would call it aggressive marketing though I can see where the comments are coming from. There's a lot of self proclaimed "fitness experts" who deal out a hearty dose to sale, sale, sale. Within a month of finding this site I've learned some things but more importantly I've got a desire to do something besides push the standard weight stack. Actually I'm a little excited about implementing some other forms of training in my routine.

Keep the videos coming!

Josh Henkin said...

Hey Guys,
Thanks so much, we are putting out some very cool new products, videos, and redoing the website to make it even more helpful. Guess what, L.I.F.T. certification dates to be announced soon as well!

Josh Henkin, CSCS
http://sandbagfitnesssystems.com