Saturday, July 4, 2009

Don't Be Like The Rest

Either be part of the solution or the problem, that old saying rings so true in my ears. In fact, it is that type of thought that keeps me pushing through many of the challenges that bringing my Sandbag Fitness Systems has faced. This isn't about my programs rather my growing frustration with those programs out there. There is an increasing number of certifications that make promises to fitness professionals that are just LIES!! It isn't only the mainstream associations, there are more and more individuals running "educational" programs that are simply failing today's fitness professional. Worst of all is the fact that many of the programs are now just marketing hype to get people in the door.

It has been almost twenty years since I attended my first seminar in the fitness industry. Through those years I was exposed to so much, both theory and training concepts. Each one of these certifications and programs I considered an educational process because I would always try to apply what I learned with my clients. Some concepts seemed to make the foundation of what was going to become my training philosophy, however, a great deal ended up being impractical and unhelpful to my clients. In fact, I remember one program I went through almost ten years ago I paid $3000 for! In the end, I may use 1% of the information.

Was this a failure? Financially maybe, yet, I had to try and experience these ideas to decide whether or not they had validity. Now, almost ten years later these ideas are being recycled as new and there is a new host of coaches trying to cash in on these ideas.

The same goes for the business side of training. For years there were no programs to teach trainers and coaches actually how to make money in the industry. I learned many things the hard way having to go through many of the most common mistakes along the way, simply because there was no one telling me otherwise.

Today the last thing there are is too few certifications! However, many are put on by trainers and coaches are scrapping by themselves, or have trained less than 50 people in their careers. They have found a clever way to market and actually make an income by wowing people with what appear to be new techniques that are simply recycled ideas they learned from others.

I decided I could sit back and just whine about what is going on in my industry or try to become part of the solution. I have been working on my concept of L.I.F.T. (loaded integrated functional training) for a few years. Unlike most certifications this wasn't born out of a book or an idea trying to make clients fit a program. Rather, this program was the result of all my years working with a huge variety of people. This program was developed to address the needs of the client and the coach/trainer working with a client. I wanted something that could fit this criteria:

1. Would be interesting and motivating to both the client and trainer/coach

2. Would be unique to help market new business to the coach/trainer

3. Could produce results faster than almost any other program available

4. It could be easily adapted to any fitness level

5. Founded in well established training concepts

I really believe L.I.F.T. fills all these important points and has the potential to reinvent the fitness industry. Three tools help teach the important movement concepts that are laid out in the L.I.F.T. programs; the Ultimate Sandbag, Jungle Gym, and Strength Bands. These three implements bring very different methods to the training table and while they are powerful by themselves there is an even more impressive synergyistic effect when you combine in the way I have laid out in the L.I.F.T.

L.I.F.T. is designed to help the modern trainer to be as successful in their business as possible. We will even spend some time during the program covering common mistakes in running your own training business (a special guest will help with this part!).

I was so excited when just letting people know what I was expecting to do that we had people ready to host immediately! I wanted this week to be special as we already have three host cities for our launch of the L.I.F.T. program. Motala, Sweden, Avon by the Sea, New Jersey, and Atlanta, Georgia! All the dates are now listed on our site for September. With the time coming fast I wanted to start with a bang!

For this week only you can sign-up for the L.I.F.T. certification for just $599.99. Don't worry, if that still seems hard to make happen we have payment plans set-up on the site as well. We want to have as many great individuals involved to turn the fitness industry on its head and help all of those that find fitness to be their passion be rewarded for their hard-work and dedication.

I will be discussing topics of L.I.F.T. all week long, but don't miss the opportunity to get an amazing deal that will become the leader in the industry.

Go to http://tinyurl.com/6kbof7 to learn more!

No comments: