Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Big Changes are Coming

It use to be that I would read muscle magazines with the eagerness of the teenager I once was. I couldn't wait for the next "Get Huge Arms" article, little did I know it had been recycled about ten different times. Fortunately, I learned pretty early on that most muscle magazines are good for keeping your table steady and little to do with training. However, in the past few years I have used magazines to reinforce to my clients the "crazy training" we are doing is actually simply ahead of its time.

My clients often thought I was just trying to make them look silly by having them use kettlebells, or push sleds, or hoist sandbags. Then magazines such as Men's Health, Men's Fitness, and even Muscle & Fitness started to do articles on the benefits of these movements. I loved to cut them out for my clients, heck, they felt like they were doing something special as this was cutting edge for most people.

Well, I have very happy to say that this trend keeps going. In this month's Men's Health both the TRX and my friend Anthony Diluglio's "Ropes Gone Wild" program is featured. Oh yes, there is a mention of a sandbag, but my poor Men's Health associates really missed the boat here. I won't get into it right now!



However, I really recommend people stop off and see the new Men's Health this month as it does call the Ropes Gone Wild program "The Best New Cardio Tool of 2009". I have actually been using the ropes quite a bit myself as I recover from a stupid triceps injury. Not being able to do too much with my arm, I have found the Ropes Gone Wild program to be really perfect as I keep some upper body conditioning and movement. In fact, I have combined the sandbag work into a really great fat burning circuit like the one below...


No comments: