Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Best Training Tool You Aren't Using

It is one thing for me to speak about the benefits of sandbag training. Of course there are always going to be skeptics that think I am just trying to sell my program. Well, firstly, I wouldn't be talking or developing a program I didn't believe in, there are so many unique factors with sandbag training that make it a must have in training programs.

Recently, Strength Coach, Steven Morris, wrote an article for Elitefts.com about the top 11 strength exercises for athletes. Guess who was on the list? Yep, our sandbag training program. Read Steven's article here.

I had never spoken to Coach Morris before, but I was intrigued by his insights in using our program with his athletes. Coach Morris agreed to spend an hour with me discussing how he trains his athletes and how sandbags relate to the development of his athletes. Not only did we talk about sandbags, but proper periodization, progression of different age levels, and common mistakes of most sporting coaches.

Listen to Coach Morris' Interview Here


Want to see the top sandbag drills for combative athletes? Check out this week's training program....

No comments: