Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sandbag Attack In Sweden

It has been a week since my last newsletter, where have I been? Well, I am excited to say that I was busy putting our the first L.I.F.T. certification for a bunch of amazing coaches in Sweden. The European coaches from Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and England were all fantastic to work with and we got an opportunity to demonstrate the power of the L.I.F.T. program.

For me, it was really important for these coaches to see how much of athletic based training we were still missing from most programs. My goal was to teach how to put together training programs that would correct poor movement patterns, challenge their strength and endurance, as well as being fun and exciting. I think we accomplished just that! 

The vehicles that we used in teaching these methods were our "Ultimate Sandbag", the Jungle Gym, and strength bands. It quickly became obvious to these coaches that these tools were far more versatile than they had ever imagined. However, it wasn't just about teaching exercises, heck, anyone can put up seminars of just random exercises (forget, they already do:).

No, I wanted this to be about having purpose behind everything that we do as coaches. It was about finding the right progression and being able to maintain the interest of the client or even yourself in training. It the upcoming days I will post excerpts from the L.I.F.T. system so that everyone can see what makes this program so incredibly unique. However, nothing is like attending one of these programs for yourself. So, we have new dates coming up soon and in the meantime you can see the action for yourself.




No comments: