Monday, May 4, 2009

She Lost over 150 pounds!

After sharing my story on how important functional fitness really is, I asked for stories on how fitness impacts your life and I was so happy to get some tremendous responses. I think this one really got my attention both because of the enthusiasm and results that were achieved. Sheron, thank you so much for sharing this!!!

"Hi Josh, I have been following your post now for a few weeks and I wanted to share with you.........since you ask anyway! In August of 2007 I weighed about 311 (I am 5'4"). Today I weigh-in at about 155 on a good day. To make a long story short I met Dan Sell, a wonderfully motivating personal trainer who gave me "a new lease on life". His knowledge and patience have made me a fitness addict. I do boot camp 3 times a week, never missing! I enjoy weights more than cardio but recently ran my first 3.1 miles and it was so exciting to me...Now, I'm sure you hear these kinds of stories all the time and mine is not unique but let me add that I am a 57 year old female, mother of five and grandmother of five who had not worked out since high school. One of my favorite pieces of equipment is the sandbag and we have done many of the workouts that you do in your videos.I just wanted to say thank you and keep filming. I enjoy them very much."

Sheron

Very often question if you can really get results from this type of training. Heck, I have heard coaches question whether or not it is safe for people that are just starting fitness programs, I guess the proof is right here from great people like Sheron!

It is funny that just about three years ago a prominent strength coach was calling this training "stupid", "waste of time", and now this type of training is being discovered by so many people that are seeing how it can change their life. I think these stories like Sheron are far more motivational than what trendy athlete is doing in their training. To lose such weight is not only amazing from a physical perspective, but emotionally as well!

Great program, motivation, and fun will make for an outstanding life!

No comments: