Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"The Ultimate Sandbag" Takes On All

It is a challenge, this sandbag training thing isn't as easy as it sounds. When I was at the University of Florida for their football S & C conference, many people smiled and nodded their heads to me. It was as though they all had some memory of using a sandbag somewhere in their past. However, it still amazed me how many people were simply reluctant to try lifting "The Ultimate Sandbag". A few were interested after one of the speakers gave some examples of sandbag training, but was it really beneficial?

Now I am all for new and innovative ideas. Heck, I love it when people send me videos of themselves doing new things, that is the only way things evolve. However, I do have a problem when people just don't seem to get it.

This is a picture from a company kind enough to support us by distributing our "Ultimate Sandbag", however, to be honest I was disappointed by the image they chose to use. Truthfully, if this was the foundation of sandbag training I really wouldn't see the point. I am not sure if many do, even this coach in Florida was talking about holding a sandbag in the same position and doing step-ups! Why? Wouldn't a bar work much better and you really wouldn't notice the difference with a sandbag other than it being incredibly uncomfortable!

I recently obtained a new copy of the book that really started it all for me, John Jesse's "Encyclopedia of Wrestling Conditioning". Besides being very practical and having many of the old time lifts we have been reintroduced to, John had a very extensive section on sandbag training. It was good to cover the material again and to know that we are carrying on the tradition of such strong athletes like wrestlers.

In the list of many different movements in the book, very few were your typical barbell exercises like squats, or clean and press. Most were very movement oriented and had the sandbag moving in many different planes of movement. It is too bad in 1974 Mr. Jesse didn't have access to "The Ultimate Sandbag" because it is obvious from his writings that hundreds of more exercises could be created.

Most people only focus on basic strength lifts such as shouldering, squatting, and pressing. While these are terrific lifts, they only touch the very edge of sandbag training. Even with the very crude bags that John Jesse used the variation of movement and training was very extensive. However, by using our sandbags you can create even more dynamic training.

Just as training evolves, so does the equipment. "The Ultimate Sandbag" offers such tremendous benefits because it allows old time training to be meshed with modern day innovations. Very few people realize the lengths we have gone to develop something that is completely unique. Sorry, the homemade versions are a dying breed, not because something looks cooler, but because you can't even imagine the possibilities of sandbag training until you try my program. Sounds like boasting, I know. However, take it from someone who really knows the difference, Strength Coach, Nii Wilson....

"As a Sports Performance Coach and US ARMY Veteran I am very particular when I make an investment in my fitness and training equipment. One thing that I can say is first and foremost is that nothing comes close to the Ultimate Sandbag and YES that even means the military issue duffel bags. The stitching on the bags far exceeds military standards and there was a lot of thought and planning in the design, function, and durability of this bag. I ordered the "Advanced Package Sandbag and I am enjoying the quality of instruction of the "High Octane DVD" and the easy to understand format. Within minutes you can take a novice and get them results and have them seeing the benefits of sandbag training. I train mainly women in my "NO BS NYC Boot Camps" and I must say they are very happy and get a strong sense of self confidence when they do the same type of workouts that pro MMA fighters or other athletes are doing. If you didn't get the point of the mini biography I just wrote basically I am saying the Utimate Sandbag and High Octane DVD package are the best resources to have in your fat loss or performance training tool kit. Thanks Josh for putting out a quality product. I will be getting another in a few short weeks. Can you believe my mom wanted the Ultimate Sandbag as a Mother's Day present...crazy huh?"
Nii Wilson


USAW Sports Performance Coach
NYC's Women's Rapid Fat Loss Expert


www.noBSnycBootcamps.com
www.NiiWilson.com






Here is a circuit that truly captures the essence of sandbag training. Heck, this would make John Jesse proud himself to see that such training is being carried on.


No comments: