Wednesday, April 1, 2009

More Complete Programming

I wrote previously that the current trend of focusing on one or two exercises actually doesn't really help our bodies like many are promoting. How do I know? When I ran my last High Octane Seminar I was shocked, floored, and disappointed. I was working with some great individuals, many had a pretty extensive experience in strength training, yet when we did what I consider fundamental sandbag movements people stumbled and appeared uncoordinated.

Does this mean that these people are not good athletes or coaches? Of course not, but they had fallen into the trap believe one or two exercises could get them well prepared to be athletic and fit.

We often use the former Eastern European system of training in high regards because the athletes and coaches accomplished the most with the least. One of the fundamental principles was committing an extensive phase of a vast array of movements to prepare the body for more specific demands of sport. This guaranteed well rounded fitness in the way of flexibility, strength, endurance, and athleticism.

So, if this has been used some of the world's best athletes why do we continue to ignore it? Part of this is that the idea of performing one exercise for hundreds of repetitions seems simple and allows one to get very good at one thing fast. However, you can see the limitations are great! The second reason is that most people don't know where to spend there time and feel that performing these workouts would be an extensive time of workout that would be unrealistic.

Today's video shows that this is simply not true as I use some of my friend's Anthony Diluglio's equipment to help combine with my Ultimate Sandbag a phenomenal and powerful workout anyone can get benefits.

No comments: