Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It has been a little time since I've last written, I guess catching the flu and travelling are not a good combination of giving good blog posts:) This last excuse was pretty good though as I spent the weekend as an instructor at the Russian Kettlebell Certification. It was terrific to spend time with a lot of great coaches and teach those that demonstrate such great enthusiasm and passion.

I was intrigued on how so many people have their own take on kettlebell training. To me, there is no right answer as long as it helps people perform drills safely and effectively. However, I have found in training it is key to find the most efficient and fastest ways to get your message across because rarely do people live to train for an implement, rather they train with the implement to get a result.

I did find myself smirking part of the weekend though, I must admit something that has been so controversial in sandbag training was reminded to me this weekend. Some of the other instructors were inquiring about my sandbag program, in fact, Dr. Mike Hartle said he loved the idea a nice simple to use tool.

I had mixed feelings about that comment, while I know Dr. Hartle didn't mean anything negative in his remarks, it made me think about the hypocrisy in the industry. Why are sandbags any easier to learn than barbells, bodyweight exercises, or kettlebells? At the RKC a full day is spent covering two exercises, does this make kettlebells complicated or easy to use?

I think a little of both! No form of training whether it is sport or in the weight room can be done truly successfully if one does not pay close attention to the details. People often fly past the foundational exercises because they think more complicated appearing drills are more beneficial, yet perfecting or increasing your proficiency at these foundational exercises usually results in better training.

I feel the very same about sandbag training, to get the full benefit becoming proficient at the foundational movements is essential. That is why I put together a package that reflects just that, a necessity to follow solid programs and exercises to achieve your fitness goals. Also, realizing that financial times are hard this is a great deal, I am going to give you two DVDs for almost the price of one!

This special will go till the end of the week so make sure to take advantage of my double DVD offer. You will receive Meltdown: The Ultimate Fat Loss Kettlebell Training Program and Synergy: Achieving Your Fitness Potential with Sandbag & Kettlebells. All this for the price of almost one!

Click Here for Our Special Deal!

No comments: