Monday, June 2, 2008

Sandbags are for Wimps!

I love it when I hear simple stereotypes such as;

-sandbags are just for conditioning

-sandbags can build size or strength

-sandbags are for just little guys

-sandbags are good for just a few movements

I recently received an email from a strength coach Nick Nilsson about our sandbags. Nick isn't what you would call your typical coach that is smart, but a little soft when it comes to his own physique. Check out Nick and what he has to say about our Ultimate Sandbags:




"Anybody who thinks 'functional training' means standing on a Bosu ball catching beanbags needs to pay attention to what I say here...go grab one of Josh Henkin's sandbags and start training with it NOW. Because in my experience, the results you'll get with the sandbag are downright AMAZING when it comes to building TRUE functional strength and power. It'll blow that other stuff out of the water any day of the week.

Let me put it this way...I'm known for creating unique exercises and training techniques designed to push your body to the limit. There are very few pieces of equipment that I've come across in my past 17 years of training that combine the honest simplicity and sheer brutal effectiveness of the sandbag.

And the best part is, Josh's sandbags are built to LAST - top-quality material and construction make it a piece of equipment you'll be enjoying (and probably cursing, if you train like me!) for YEARS to come.

Nick Nilsson
Vice-President - BetterU, Inc.
http://www.fitstep.com

Tell me now if YOU think those stereotypes are true!

No comments: