Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sandbag Training on the Beach!

Recently I had a wonderful trip to Huntington Beach where I got to spend time with some great coaches and be a student. Of course a not so bad part of the trip was spending some nice relaxing time on the beautiful beach. I know this may shock most of you, but I am a little off, when I see a beach I get excited for many different reasons than most people. The average person would see the beach as a nice relaxing time where they can lay back and rejuvenate. Not me!

I see the beach as a place where we could work the heck out of ourselves. Sand training is nothing new. Many athletes have used barefoot sand training as a method for increasing their speed and endurance because of the increased work by the foot/ankle along with the lower leg. This instability can cause a major difference in your performance and challenge of an exercise. Beach training can be absolutely exhausting because of this instability and additional work being done by the body.

Don't believe me? Check out this workout I did while at the pier at Huntington Beach

No comments: