Thursday, July 31, 2008

Starting Up Again

Whether you have taken some time off of training or have never trained before, it can be confusing to determine where to start. You may also find that you are working with people in this very situation and feel frustrated that you can not have them do the "hardcore" exercises that you wish. This doesn't mean that you start doing a 12-week "corrective" program.

Rather, there are many ways to progress into a specific exercises. The chin-up is a great example. While many like to use bands to help progress through chin-ups, the truth of the matter is that bands provide the wrong strength curve. Therefore, people really don't progress as quickly. Using suspension training with the Jungle Gym we can create a series of progressions that are more specific to chin-up training.

That is why I created the L.I.F.T. System (loaded integrated functional training). The concept was developed after examining what my clients spend most of their time training with and how we got them to certain goals. In this week's video I go through an introduction of the L.I.F.T. program and how to get started. It is amazing that these three pieces of equipmet really can replace a whole gym and are fun to train with!




You can also read my article on the L.I.F.T. System at the link below:

Intro to the L.I.F.T. articles

No comments: